Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ron wants Ballon back

Ron wants Ballon back

Cristiano Ronaldo has congratulated Lionel Messi on winning the Ballon d'Or - but warns he wants to reclaim the trophy next year.

The Argentinean scooped the European Footballer of the Year title this week after helping Barcelona win the UEFA Champions League, Primera Liga title and the Copa del Rey last season.

But Ronaldo, who won the prestigious trophy the season before while at Manchester United, says he will be going all out to regain it next year.

He told France Football : "I want to congratulate Lionel. He won important titles with Barcelona this year.

Outstanding

"He has been outstanding and it is a nice victory.

"I know he is happy now, as I was last year.

"But one thing is for sure, I will do everything to get the Ballon d'Or back in 2010. I hope it will be a great year for me."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Champions League Top Goalscorer 09/10: Ronaldo, C. 9/4

Messi hails team-matesRSL tops Galaxy in PKs for MLS Cup title