Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Was Offered Queens Park Rangers Job - Míchel

Since leaving his post as Real Madrid youth team director, Míchel has certainly been spilling the beans, and there was no let up today from the ex-player.

Speaking to Radio Marca, Míchel said that just a few weeks ago he was offered the coaching role at Queens Park Rangers, but rejected it, after asking permission from his club.

"What I wanted to do was to coach, but the club always knew my movements," he declared.

"In fact, three weeks ago I had an offering [from QPR] and I rejected it. I even asked permission from the club to meet with them."

Míchel also spoke about his time at Real Madrid, confirming his earlier words that he was offered a more senior role at the club during his time.

"That he [Ramón Calderón] said he didn't offer me the role of coach is not to be believed, nor is he," he said.

"I maybe made a mistake, but I mentioned it and I said the truth."

The Real Madrid legend then went on to defend everyone at the club bar the president, saying that he had a good relationship with Pedja Mijatovic and Bernd Schuster, and that he didn't have a bad word to say about the former.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com


No place like home for Fire in Game 2
To Sack Schuster Would Be A Shame - Drenthe
Schuster: Money Will Not Win Madrid Any Matches