Saturday, December 6, 2008

Huntelaar: I Will Play With Passion For Real Madrid

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar might not have perfected his Spanish but the new Real Madrid signing is certainly saying all the right things before his winter move to the capital.

Speaking to the official Real Madrid club website today the player said that joining Los Blancos is a dream come true, and he will play with his heart.

"I am very pleased because it has happened now, these opportunities cannot be let go," he declared.

"It is a dream come true. I believe that if I can score in one league I can do it anywhere. I will play with passion and to try and help the team win, helping the squad is important to me."

Huntelaar joins a growing list of Dutch players at Real Madrid and the Ajax man confirmed that he has already been in touch with some of them.

"It definitely helps [having Dutch players there already]. Many of my new team-mates have been in touch to tell me they want to help me. I believe I will adapt quickly," he mused.

"Myself and [Wesley] Sneijder played together at Ajax where I could see how he evolved. We met again in the Dutch team and it is nice to play together again."

The Dutchman will be able to play in the Champions League for Madrid and he could not hide his excitement at returning to the top as he spoke today.

"I played in the Champions League in my first year with Ajax, we all like to play at the highest level. It will be a great opportunity to play in that competition again," he concluded.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com


Cepero comes long way in short time
Real Madrid To Sign Klaas-Jan Huntelaar