Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chelsea's Deco Keen To Face Barcelona

Deco has today revealed that should Chelsea face Barcelona in the Champions League knockout phase then he will be delighted.

Chelsea will find out on Friday who they will meet, and due to the fact that they finished second in their group, they may very well be in line for a clash with the Catalan giants, with whom Deco spent the bulk of his career with before moving to England.

"If we have to play against Barcelona, for me it would be special because I was there for four years," Deco told the Sunday Mirror.

"But now I'm at Chelsea and I just want us to win whatever happens.

"We don't know yet if we will play them. But if we want to go far in the tournament it's always likely we'll meet them if not now then in the semi-finals or even the final."

But there is no question of divided loyalties for the Brazilian born player who now holds Portuguese citizenship.

"It would be interesting, but now I'm at Chelsea I fight for Chelsea," he explained, before going on to state how happy he is in London, despite his recent dip in form after a scintillating beginning to this campaign. He also knows, however, that Chelsea's form will have to improve if they want to fulfill the club's ambition of capturing Europe's biggest prize.

"I'm happy to be here. Barcelona was important in my life, but now it's different. If I have to play against Barcelona, I would play like I do in every game," added the player.

"I'm very happy at Chelsea and I think we are going well.

"I agree we need to play even better to progress, but I think we will."

Chelsea were held to a 1-1 draw at home today by West Ham United, leaving them second in the Premier League table, a point behind leaders Liverpool.

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}

Zack Wilson, Goal.com




Barcelona Chief Laporta: Messi Makes Me Proud
Generation adidas team announced