Friday, January 1, 2010

Morientes to fight Marseille cause

Morientes to fight Marseille cause

Fernando Morientes insists he is fully committed to Marseille despite a lack of first-team opportunities this season.

The striker has made just eight appearances for the French outfit, scoring once, since joining the Ligue 1 club from Valencia on a free transfer in the summer.

As a result there have been rumours that the 33-year-old is seeking a return to his homeland during the January transfer window, but the former Liverpool forward denies that is the case.

"I am realistic, and things have not turned out as I would have hoped," he told L'Equipe.

"But as I will agree to put on that jersey every day, I take responsibility and I will devote myself 100% to this club."



Race hots up for SuazoCounted out, RSL never stopped