Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fuentes seeks Submarine exit

Fuentes seeks Submarine exit

Villarreal defender Fabricio Fuentes has reiterated his desire to leave the Spanish club.

The 33-year-old joined the Yellow Submarine in 2006 from Mexican side F.C. Atlas but has become increasingly frustrated with a lack of first team opportunities under coach Ernesto Valverde.

Fuentes has made clear his desire to leave the club, and he is believed to be eyeing up a move back to his former club Atlas.

The Argentine said he could understand the club wanted to recoup some of the fee paid for his services, but hit out at the board members of El Madrigal - accusing them of deliberately scuppering a move back to Mexico.

Fuentes told Radio La Red : "I am not being in the consideration of the coach and that's why I am not having enough chances to play.

"I understand that the club wants to recover part of what they have invested in my transfer but they can't say no to all the offers they receive.

The defender - who has one international cap to his name - also said he felt neglected by the club "since the first day" he arrived at the La Liga side and planned to leave during the January transfer window.

He added: "The most sad thing is that I feel that I have been put to a side since the first day. This is an awful situation.

"I don't understand that position of the board members. There had been an offer for me from Atlas from Mexico and they wanted compensation.

"Obviously that made the negotiation fail, and it was a good chance for me. My idea is to have the chance to leave Villarreal in the next (few) days."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Celta Vigo v Villarreal. Click here to bet.

Fabiano hints at Sevilla exitFCD’s Pearce open to position change in 2010