Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ramos aims to retire at Real

Ramos aims to retire at Real

Sergio Ramos has revealed that he would welcome the opportunity to see out his playing days at Real Madrid.

The 23-year-old moved to the Spanish capital from Sevilla in 2005 and has become a valuable member of the first-team set-up at Santiago Bernabeu since then.

Ramos has made over 150 appearances for Real during his time at the club, while he has also become an established international star.

He helped Spain to European Championship glory in 2008 and has won two Primera Liga titles with Real.

Ramos is now keen to extend his association with Los Blancos and admits he would be happy to spend the rest of his career with the iconic club.

"My intention is to play for Real until I retire," he said.

"I would happily sign a deal without a date on it because my dream was always to play for this club.

"I hope to go down in Real history, with many titles to my name, and I believe that is possible."

Speculation

On speculation suggesting he was a possible summer target for other clubs, Ramos added: "I have not spoken to any other side and it is my aim to sign a new deal with Real."

Meanwhile, Ramos has also called upon Real to turn their attention to his former Sevilla team-mate Jesus Navas, rather than continue their prolonged pursuit of Bayern Munich playmaker Franck Ribery.

"If I was to choose then I would prefer Jesus Navas over Ribery," he said.

"I think that he is ready. He is a great player and has shown that he is ready to play here and that he is at the same level as the other great players.

"He would bring so many things to this term. If I had to choose I would pick him ahead of Ribery."



Navas happy with Sevilla stayFire to play Chivas de Guadalajara on preseason tour