Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cacau fuels Sevilla rumours

Cacau fuels Sevilla rumours

Stuttgart striker Cacau has fuelled rumours of a move to Sevilla after telling a Spanish newspaper that he dreams of playing in Spain.

Cacau is set to become a free agent in the summer and his club future beyond that is still undecided.

The Germany forward is almost certain to represent his country in this summer's World Cup, but a move to La Liga could be on the cards after that.

Cacua told Spanish newspaper AS : "I finish my deal this season and I still have not decided my future.

"My dream is to play in Spain and if I receive a good offer it is clear that I accept the challenge."

Cacau's agent, Osmar Oliveira, admits that Sevilla and other clubs have approached the 28-year-old but he insists the striker would prefer to sign a new contract with Stuttgart.

"It is correct that they (Sevilla) have shown an interest, but we don't have an actual offer yet," he told the local Stuttgarter Zeitung newspaper.

"Our first negotiations will be with Stuttgart and I expect we will reach an agreement.

"Cacau's wish is that it works out with Stuttgart."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}England v Germany Progress Furthest. Click here to bet.

Sounders FC claim fifth place in La Manga CupKrasic ponders summer switch