Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cazorla could miss World Cup

Cazorla could miss World Cup

Villarreal and Spain winger Santi Cazorla fears his dream of playing at the 2010 World Cup could be over as his rehabilitation from hernia surgery drags on.

The 25-year-old went under the knife in February, but has shown little sign of recovery since that time.

Cazorla is therefore fearful that he will not play again this campaign and will not be fit when the World Cup kicks off in June.

He said: "I cannot say if I will return this season. At this time I have many doubts and negative feelings."

Cazorla added: "It is impossible to set a concrete date for my return and that is the worst feeling.

"The World Cup is far off for me because I need to play and this is the problem."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}World Cup Outright - Cash Back if England win Win Outright: Spain 4/1