Thursday, March 4, 2010

Costa considers Los Che

Costa considers Los Che

Valencia have made an offer to Ricardo Costa and hope the defender will join up with them next season.

The Portuguese centre-half is currently on loan at French side Lille, who he joined from Wolfsburg during the January transfer window.

The clamour to secure his signature for the 2010/11 campaign has already begun, though, with Turkish giants Galatsaray also in the frame.

Costa insists he will wait until after this summer's World Cup before making any decision regarding his future, but admits he has plenty to ponder.

The 28-year-old is adamant that any choice he makes will be based solely on sporting reasons, and admits the chance to play in the UEFA Champions League with Valencia would certainly appeal.

Aspirations

"I won't decide on my future until the league ends in May, it would be disrespectful if I'm playing for another club which has made an effort to bring me here and are treating me great," Costa told AS .

"In addition, Lille also wants me to stay here longer and therefore I should not sign with another team yet.

"I will fight for the French league, to be a champion in another country would be unbelievable. But my dream is to play in the Spanish League, the best in the world, and Valencia is ideal.

"It's a big club that has it all and I would be happy. My priority is not the money, if it was I would have signed for Galatasaray. I prioritise the welfare of my family, the seriousness of the club, its project and in this, the offer of Valencia is the best.

"It [the Champions League] is very important. If Valencia qualifies, with the offer they made, all my aspirations would be covered. But I will decide later because Lille are also fighting for a Champions League place."



Fabiano coy over futureUS star Davies returns to French club