Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Milan To Bid For Unsettled Ramos

The 22-year-old is widely regarded as one of Europe’s best young defenders, however his future at Madrid has come into doubt after he criticised the club for failing to support him after he was sent off against Real Mallorca.

"In truth, I was surprised not to hear any of my partners, or anyone from the club, say anything about the issue,” said Ramos last week.

"I don't expect anything from anyone. I'm happy with myself and I'm just trying to learn.

"Nobody is stupid and everyone knows very well what I mean. I felt a bit alone, but now it's time to look forward."

Milan have long been admirers of the Spanish international, and it is believed that they see him as the long-term successor to the legendary Paolo Maldini, who is set to retire at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri are prepared to offer Ramos a £4.5 million-a-year package to entice him to San Siro.

Upon hearing about Milan’s ardour, Ramos said: "The interest of Milan makes me happy."


Milan confident of Ronnie deal
Gattuso set for Milan stay
Cerny Certain He’ll Be Leaving Spurs