Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Guille Franco Eager To Make Comeback

The Mexican ace has been out since his side's April 13th loss at Almería, although it's actually been well over a month and a half since he played more than 15 minutes of competitive football.

As such, he's itching to get back into the swing of things - preferably against Getafe at the Madrigal this weekend.

He told the official Villarreal website, "I'm really keen to join the group again and I'm confident of being able to do in time for Sunday.

"The leg I had problems with is now absolutely fine in training, and in truth I just want to be involved in the final straight."

He continued, "I was injured during a friendly for Mexico (against Ghana)... unfortunately I've not had good luck with discomfort in the Spanish league and I hope that I'm adapting to it now."

Villarreal have already secured Champions League qualification, but Franco has another goal on his mind.

"We've already qualified for the CL, but now we want to finish second," he said.

On the four point lead over Barcelona, he added, "Hopefully they've been affected to that loss against Manchester United and suffer against Valencia and Madrid, because that would help us finish as vice-champions.

"But we need to think about ourselves and what's best for the team. Good results will see us second. The most important thing is to look within and not bother about what happens with other teams.

"It's like when we faced Almería at home - we could have been leaders but in the end we didn't manage it. I hope that experience serves us well and we look only at Villarreal until the end of the season."


Palops Hopes For Double Seville Victory
Dragutinovic Set For Return
Villarreal Eye Double Argentine Swoop
Ten-man Energie stage spectacular comeback