Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Aguero: I Want Barcelona To Win La Liga


The Blaugrana stepped off the pace after their shocking defeat against Real Betis last weekend however Aguero is hoping Frank Rijkaard’s men can be crowned La Liga champions come May.

El Kun explained the reasons behind his penchant for the Blaugrana to win the title.

“In Argentina I support Independiente and I cannot stand our rivals Racing, it’s the same for me here in Madrid. Real are a bitter rival for me,” Aguero told Sport ES.

“I would prefer it if Barcelona win La Liga.

“Since I have come here the club have treated me very well and I am very happy with the work I have been doing with Atletico. “I want to be here for many more years to come.”

Atletico are currently fourth in La Liga and they look like they will qualify for the last remaining Champions League place. The Rojiblancos have enjoyed a good season so far and they have come a long way following their disappointment last year in La Liga.