Thursday, April 24, 2008

Joaquín: Koeman Did Not Respect Me

During Koeman's tenure at the Mestalla, Joaquín restricted himself to saying that "things have gotten worse", but now he's let loose with a bit of criticism towards his former boss.

"There were many things about his time here, but right now I don't know what to say," he told As.

"It wasn't only by not fielding me, but on other issues, too. I don't think that he was honest with me.

"At no time would he come and talk to me - any time we did so, it's because I initiated with. I had never experienced such a situation with a coach, but I tried to learn from it because it wasn't all bad.

"But we cannot talk about his great career. All we see is that we're two points away from the drop and the bad feelings. The Copa del Rey can't cover up what's happened here this season."

The Worst Of Times, The Worst Of Times

He added, "These were the worst months of my career, but most of the confusion was because I didn't know what was going to happen.

"They were delicate and sad moments.

"Personally, I've had a bad time of it. He is not the best trainer that I've had, not only because he wasn't selecting me, but because I don't think he was respectful to me in the way that he was with others."

However, the ex-Betis man pledged to look ahead.

"Koeman is in the past. The most important thing is that we have five finals in which we need to win.

"Voro knows it's a unique club, and he knows better than anyone else how to fix the problem."


Top game
Gudjohsen: We Must Not Be Scared Of United
Bentley Tips Hughes For Old Trafford