Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Koné: It Has Been A Difficult Year

Koné: It Has Been A Difficult Year
Sevilla paid €12 million to sign Koné from PSV Eindhoven in Holland at the start of the season, but are yet to see a satisfactory return on their investment as the Ivory Coast forward has struggled to adapt to the Spanish game, something that he recognises is the case.

"It has been a difficult year for me, I have played very little. I recognise that adapting to life here has not been easy, but I think that next season the situation will change because I will have stronger relationships with my team-mates and be used to the Spanish league," he told Marca.

Koné's first-team opportunities have been limited due to the excellent form of Luis Fabiano and Fredi Kanoute and he accepts that it would be hard for coach Manolo Jiménez to pick him in front of either of them at this current time.

"They are two forwards in great form and thus it is almost impossible to get a look-in. I arrived very late and I understand that the coach had another team already in his head," he explained.

Italian Move?

The twenty-four year old forward dismissed claims that he was recently in Rome to have talks over a possible move to AS Roma, and asserted that he would like to stay at Sevilla for the full length of his contract.

"All the information was false, it was something of nothing. I just went to see my brother," he affirmed.

"I just want to concentrate on next season here, because I wish to see out my five year deal."