Monday, April 21, 2008

Carboni Pleads For Unity

Carboni, who has been linked with a potential takeover of the club in recent days, described the idea of Valencia playing in the Segunda Division as "unthinkable," and believes that it is important for the squad to stick together in order to get themselves out of trouble.

"We all lament this situation... I have a personal affection for the club due to what it has given to me. We must have confidence. This is not the time for criticism, it is the time to be united," he told reporters at the launch of a Valencian-Italian language guide.

The forty-three year old Italian held the position of sporting director at Valencia until he was relieved of his duties last summer and he was questioned as to whether he would fire coach Ronald Koeman under the present circumstances if he still held that position.

"Those are questions for the club and not for me. Now I am just a supporter... When I was there I tried to do some things that did not come off, but now that I am not, it is not my place to comment," he affirmed.

When questioned about a possible return to the Mestalla in some capacity, Carboni - who resides in Valencia - indicated that would "evidently" be interested, "like any professional," but laughed off suggestions that he could take the job of coach, admitting that he does not have the necessary coaches national membership card.


Villa In Santana Link
Toni: “It’s a magical season for me!”
Milan eye Bayern pair