Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mourinho expects success

Mourinho expects success

Jose Mourinho claims he is the man to bring out the best in Real Madrid and leave a lasting legacy at the club.

The Primera Liga giants revealed on Friday that the Portuguese is set to become the new manager at Santiago Bernabeu, with his unveiling due to take place on Monday.

Real have agreed a compensation package with Inter Milan for the highly-rated coach and are delighted to have got their man.

Mourinho will arrive in Spain with a glowing reputation, having enjoyed success wherever he has been.

Glittering spells in charge of Porto and Chelsea saw him land countless trophies, while he bowed out at Inter on the back of an unprecedented Treble.

Promise

He may not be to everyone's taste, as he found out in Italy, but Mourinho is not short on self belief and he is confident he can bring the good times back to Real.

He told AS : "I think Madrid have signed me because they know that they can demand aims in the short term but that I am also capable of leaving a base for the future.

"It's clear that I work for myself but also for clubs. At Chelsea you can see scouts and physical trainers that I left there. The same goes for Inter.

"I want to leave a mark at this club, not only with titles but with other things. I promise from my first day that I will bring out the best in the players, that I will take care of them."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}Jose Mourinho Specials Win Special: Win La Liga & Champions League in first season as Real Madrid Manager 12/1

Moratti calls for Inter focusEurope: Chelsea end Portsmouth's FA Cup Cinderella story