Thursday, June 24, 2010

Barrera eyes European move

Barrera eyes European move

Mexico winger Pablo Barrera has admitted he would love to ply his trade in a top European league, amid reports linking him with a move to Valencia.

The 23-year-old, who currently plays for UNAM Pumas in his homeland, has caught the eye with his performances at international level this summer.

As well as impressing in the friendly defeat to England at Wembley, Barrera has made an impact off the substitutes' bench at the World Cup.

His main weapon is blistering pace and a number of sides in Europe are understood to be interested in snapping him up.

While Juventus and Lazio have been heavily connected with Barrera, reports earlier this week suggested that Manchester United and Tottenham were also monitoring the situation.

Barrera is eager to secure a switch and would be open to offers from the Premier League, as well as Serie A and the Primera Liga.

"I hope I can go abroad to play in a traditional club in Europe, but first I want to do well in the World Cup," he told Super Deporte .

"I like football in Spain ... the Italian, English, I like various styles of the game.

"I aspire to that, I want to be in a good team, that's all I want."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Silva tempted by ChelseaWorld Cup Preview: South Korea vs. Greece, Group B