Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fabregas - Pep is my idol

Fabregas - Pep is my idol

Cesc Fabregas has reiterated 'it won't be a problem' to join Barcelona after revealing coach Pep Guardiola is his idol.

Arsenal captain Fabregas is Barcelona's top summer transfer target as the Spanish champions look to bring the midfielder back to Camp Nou.

Barca, who lost the Spain international to Arsenal as a 16-year-old, have already failed with one bid, but remain confident of eventually agreeing a deal.

And, while Fabregas is putting his future on hold until the conclusion of Spain's World Cup campaign, he admits he would be happy to rejoin his first club.

"I won't think about anything until after the World Cup," Fabregas told Ona FM .

"It won't be a problem if I return to Barcelona because Barca is my home. The people there are always sensational in the way they treat me."

Special affection

Fabregas also expressed his admiration for Guardiola, who was a stalwart in the Barcelona midfield before becoming the club's coach.

He added: "Guardiola has always been my idol since childhood. I played in his position and I noticed him.

"My coach even gave me a shirt signed by him."

However, Fabregas was also quick to praise his current manager - Arsene Wenger - for the role he has played in helping him become one of the game's leading players.

"He means everything to me. He is the person who put his trust in me," said Fabregas.

"Without him, I don't know if I would be a professional footballer today. I owe him a lot and I have a special affection for him."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}Fabregas to sign for one of these Clubs after Summer Transfer Window. Click here to bet.

Europe: Barcelona, Inter Milan retain their titlesGuardiola fined for ref rant