Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dos Santos signs Barca deal

Dos Santos signs Barca deal

Barcelona youngster Jonathan Dos Santos has signed a new two-year contract extension at the club.

The 20-year-old Mexico international has progressed through the ranks since joining the youth team in 2002 and made his debut earlier in the year.

Dos Santos, who is the younger brother of Tottenham attacker Giovani, missed out on Mexico's World Cup squad but is delighted to sign a new deal at the Camp Nou.

"I want to stay my whole life at Barcelona although many things can happen in football," he told the club's official website .

"I am grateful for the confidence they have put in me all these years and I hope to continue like this.

"Now that I am here, after so much work, I hope to enjoy it as much as possible."

Dos Santos will now remain at the Camp Nou until 2012, while his release clause has also been upped to €30million.

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}La Liga 10/11. Click here to bet.

Xavi backs bid for FabregasEurope: Barcelona, Inter Milan retain their titles