Friday, February 12, 2010

Bougherra coy on speculation

Bougherra coy on speculation

Rangers ace Madjid Bougherra insists he will finalise his long-term future at the end of the season.

Although the Algerian international is contracted to the Ibrox club until 2012 speculation regarding his future is rife.

Spanish giants Barcelona have been surprisingly linked with his services while Sevilla are also reportedly interested.

Bougherra admits he is powerless to prevent the speculation and that his future will become clearer in the summer.

"As for my future I'm a Rangers player and am under contract," he told skysports.com .

Plans

"We want to become champions again and we will see at the end of the season.

"You cannot stop speculation. It shows I'm doing well for my club and country."

Meanwhile, Bougherra, who starred for Algeria at the recent African Cup of Nations, has claimed the 2009 Arab of the Year award.

The France-born Algerian defender won 158 votes from journalists from 17 Arab countries, pipping Bordeaux's Marouane Chamakh in the process.

"I'm very happy to be named the top player, because there are so many quality players in there," he continued.

"It's an individual honour but I could not win it without my team-mates, so it is the work of Rangers and Algeria players. I would like to thank all of them."



Ibra ‘relief’ at Pep decisionSounders FC begin training minus Ljungberg