Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mourinho cool on Madrid link

Mourinho cool on Madrid link

Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho has shrugged off reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

The Portuguese boss is widely expected to leave the Nerazzurri at the end of the season and the Spanish press have speculated that a move to Los Merengues could be on the cards.

However, the former Chelsea boss, who is set to return to Stamford Bridge in the UEFA Champions League, refused to take the bait regarding the speculation.

"I don't enter this game," he said. "There are two difficult things to accept in the world - one is that I speak mainly only in press conferences, I give few extra interviews.

"I understand in England I would talk about Chelsea but I decided that I will only speak in press conferences - and so dishonest papers invent.

"Another thing that is not accepted - I haven't and I don't want to have a social life.

"I don't like it and on this level I want respect."

Crazy

Meanwhile, Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero has hit out at reports suggesting the Real squad are unhappy under current manager Manuel Pellegrini.

The Spanish giants lost 1-0 to Lyon in their Champions League first leg knockout tie in midweek, but Granero says the Mourinho rumours are 'crazy'.

"The squad is isolated from the rumours but to me it all appears to be crazy," he said.

"We have faith in our coach and we do not want another.

"Pelligrini is our trainer this season and we hope he will be so for many more years to come. We are totally behind him."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Manager Specials. Click here to bet.

Henry - I don’t deserve placeRichards earns national team call up