Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tiago targets Atletico stay

Tiago targets Atletico stay

Tiago has stated that he would like to make his loan to Atletico Madrid permanent at the end of the season after enjoying a new lease of life in Spain.

The former Chelsea midfielder joined Los Colchoneros from Juventus for the second half of the campaign in January and has settled in immediately at Vicente Calderon.

Despite becoming a regular in the Juve side once again after he recovered from injury this term, Tiago is enjoying himself more in Spain.

"It is great to have a coach who has confidence in you," said Tiago.

"I came here to help the team and to play as many games as possible and I think that I have achieved both those things.

"It is too soon to speak about my future, but I would like to stay here."

Coach Quique Sanchez Flores has praised Tiago after his recent performances and the Portugal international recognises his role as someone who can help the youngsters in the side.

"It is slightly embarrassing when the coach singles you out, but I know I have more experience than some of the other players and I can pass some of that on during games," concluded Tiago.



Late FCD addition Harris looks aheadPremier duo eye young keeper