Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jeffren had Bhoys option

Jeffren had Bhoys option

Barcelona winger Jeffren has confirmed he turned down the chance to join Celtic on loan in the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old, who recently extended his Barca stay until 2012, was very much an in-demand player prior to the window closing.

The Venezuelan-born Spanish ace was tempted to link up with ex-Barca man Marc Crosas at Parkhead before deciding to stay.

Jeffren got his chance in the World Club Championship and that convinced him he could make the grade with Pep Guardiola's side.

Interesting offers

"I rejected a lot of interesting offers and a lot of money to extend my stay at Barca," Jeffren told the Daily Record .

"In January I had the chance to go to Scotland on loan at Celtic but at the last minute I decided against it.

"My role at Abu Dhabi was decisive for my future. I want to play at the best club in the world with the best players.

"Playing at Barca fulfils my dreams and I have to take this chance. Guardiola has confidence in me. That was important in avoiding an exit from Camp Nou."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Transfer Specials. Click here to bet.

Xavi backs Pep stayDonovan makes home debut in Everton win