Friday, August 1, 2008

Soldado Not Angling For Madrid Return

The 23-year-old stated that, although his time at Real Madrid has come to an end, he holds neither bitterness nor wistfulness after spending most of last season on the bench.

He told the official Getafe CF website, ""The truth is that right now the idea of returning hasn't crossed my mind," he said.

"What I want is to work hard, earn a starting place here, and to me best."

Getafe, just a few short miles from the Bernabéu, is his new home, but he revealed that this wasn't the first time the club had approached him.

"Two seasons ago I had several offers when Madrid listed me for loan," he explained.

"One was Osasuna and another was Getafe, but I picked Osasuna so that I could play in the Champions League. But I thank president Angel Torres, and coach Toni (Muñoz), for bringing me here now.

"I have three or four years of experience behind me and I hope that I can return their trust with goals.

"My aims? I hope to score more than I did with Osasuna in the Primera (11 in 30 appearances.)"

In closing the Valencian touched on the difficulties experienced by Real Madrid youths when it comes to breaking through to the first team.

"Clearly the Real Madrid cantera produces a lot of quality players that may not gain chances that they should, but while that works out for the club hopefully in the future more young players will be in the squad."


González Praises Getafe
Calderón: Sergio Ramos Is Staying
Javi García: I Won’t Leave Madrid Again
Fergie Slams Madrid’s Ronaldo ‘Nonsense’