Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Wish I Wasn't Black - Asprilla

The Colombian hit-man has been making all the wrong headlines over the last several years and he is likely to find himself deeper in trouble after his latest ranting and raving.

Asprilla has claimed that he would prefer it if his skin complexion was of a lighter tone because he believes that being a black man makes him the victim of much stereotype.

“I want to stop being a black man,” Asprilla told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“I have reached the conclusion that the colour of my skin has conditioned other people to think bad things of me.

“I believe if I was a white man most of my mistakes would go un-noticed. I don’t mind being black but it causes me certain problems.”

Asprilla spent four years in Serie A with Parma, making 84 appearances and scoring 25 goals.

He will always be remembered for his silky skills and dazzling legs.

However, he has also been making the headlines for all the wrong reasons. In 2000 he was accused of firing a hand gun after a weekend of drinking.

His latest rambling is likely to stir up even more controversy.


Spalletti Admits Baptista Desire
We Want Arshavin, Says Guardiola
Ince’s Appointment: Bigger Than Just Blackburn