Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Real to keep Canales

Real to keep Canales

Racing Santander have accepted that Sergio Canales will spend next season at Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid.

The 19-year-old signed terms at the Bernabeu during the last domestic campaign, but completed the term with Racing.

Canales was then expected to spend the 2010/11 season on loan at El Sardinero in order to build experience before competing for a place in Real's star-studded first team.

Real, though, want to keep the attacking midfielder and Racing president Francisco Pernia has accepted that fact.

"In the written terms of the agreement between the three parties it says they wanted him for next season - we knew it was going to be like that," he said.

Canales is looking forward to starting life at the Bernabeu and linking up with new Madrid coach Mourinho.

"I will have to work hard and I know it will be difficult to get in the team, but I am excited and I can't wait to get started," he told Marca .

"Mourinho has won everything and he will be great for Madrid.

"I don't normally have difficulties adapting. I'm on open-minded person and I'm sure having so many great players alongside me will make things easier."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Real call press conferenceKick Off: Nowak blasts ex-club, Ching stung by fans