Friday, July 30, 2010

Guardado - I'm here to stay

Guardado - Im here to stay

Mexico winger Andres Guardado has announced that he has no intention of quitting Deportivo La Coruna after returning to pre-season training with the Spanish club.

Tottenham and Fiorentina were linked with the 23-year-old earlier in 2010 and Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro has previously said that he could accept a lucrative offer.

But Deportivo have sold full-back Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid to ease their financial problems and reduce the need to look to raise profits from the sale of Guardado.

The former Club Atlas player, who moved to Spain from South America in 2007, will be happy to stay at the Riazor for the time being after stating that he is in 'no hurry' to switch to a different club.

"I am here to stay," he said after returning to training on Wednesday following an extended break because of his participation in the World Cup.

"I don't have any offers or any itching to leave. If any offer comes in, the president will tell me, but I'm relaxed and my head is focused on Deportivo this season.

"Filipe spent four years here, so why shouldn't I be here that long? I have no problem and no hurry.

"At my age, I have time for something else later on, but I'm happy, I've been well-treated by the people here and I have no reason to think about leaving."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

FC Dallas Notebook: State of the team ahead of Chivas USAFilipe finalises move