Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Henry - Tough choice for Cesc

Henry - Tough choice for Cesc

Thierry Henry does not want to see Cesc Fabregas leave Arsenal, but would understand if he chose to join Barcelona.

Spain international midfielder Fabregas is at the centre of the summer's major transfer tale with Barca keen to bring him back to the club where he began his career.

The Gunners skipper has previously admitted that he would welcome a move to Camp Nou, but with manager Arsene Wenger standing firm, Barca have hinted they may wait until next summer to test the water again.

And former France striker Henry, who left North London for the Catalan club three years ago, believes the 23-year-old has been placed in a tough position.

"It is hard because the guy is from Barcelona. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes that's all I can say," Henry said.

"I wouldn't like to be in his position because he is from there and he loves Arsenal. I don't know what to say about this, because I don't want to talk for him.

"But as an Arsenal fan, for me, I want him to stay at Arsenal, but I would also understand if he goes back home."

Waterboy

Henry is preparing to begin a new chapter in his life after he signed for Major League Soccer side the New York Red Bulls this week.

The 32-year-old is likely to finish his career in the United States after he signed a "multi-year deal", but revealed when his playing days are over he would like to return to Emirates Stadium in some capacity.

"What I want to do is when I retire, I don't know how, but I want to come back to Arsenal," he added.

"I have just come here (New York) to play and to compete and win another title. After everything is done then I will think about it.

"Whatever it is I want to come back (to Arsenal), maybe as a waterboy, I just love this club."

Coincidentally, Henry's first game for New York could be against the Gunners' north-London rivals Tottenham, with the teams to meet in a pre-season friendly on Thursday.

"I'm trying to get back in shape (for the match)," he added. "I've not done much since the World Cup. I don't think I will play long, but we will see."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}Barclays Prem Winner 2010/11 Win Outright: Arsenal 7/1

KC's Auvray shares a connection with HenryHenry poised for States move