Sunday, July 4, 2010

Almeria land Jakobsen

Almeria land Jakobsen

La Liga outfit Almeria have captured Aalborg defender Michael Jakobsen on a five year deal.

The 24-year-old will bring versatility to the Spanish side's back line as he can play at either left-back or full-back.

The Danish international, who missed out on selection for the World Cup, is looking forward to the challenge ahead

"I don't know a word Spanish, it will be a big challenge," he told Nordjyske .

"Sportwise, I will join a very strong league, but I look forward to it.

"Hopefully, I will get my career back on track."

He told the club's official website that he chose Almeria as "it is a young and ambitious club and this is something I like.

"Besides, I was surprised how it is being consolidated in the first division with young players. Here is a good future for me."

Speaking about his recent career and hopes for the future, he added: "I started playing as a central defender, but during the last two seasons I have played on the left side and I'm used to this, although I can act on both sides.

"What I want is to start working and give everything and convince the coach (to play me)."

Alvez hope

Meanwhile, Almeria keeper Diego Alvez's agent says he is open to a move to a top European side amid speculation that AC Milan are interested in the shot-stopper.

Veteran Dida has left the San Siro and the Italian giants have already signed Marco Amelia from Genoa on a 12-month loan, with the Rossoneri then having the option to purchase a 50 per cent stake in his contract next summer.

But Alvez's agent has not ruled out the possibility that the Brazilian could also move to the club.

Froldi told streamit goleador : "He (Alvez) played a terrific season in Spain and is considered as one of the three best goalkeepers in the Liga.

"Certainly he deserves a club like Milan and other big clubs.

"It is true that the Rossoneri have taken Amelia but my client would take his chance at a big club like Milan. His cost is around 10 million euros (Ј8.2m).

"Almeria is a great club where you work well, but it is clear that the ambition of any player is to get to an important club like Milan and Inter, so Dani leaves the door open for any top European club."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}La Liga 10/11 Win Outright: Almeria 1000/1

Malaga bought by Qatari sheikhEurope: Barcelona, Inter Milan retain their titles