Saturday, July 24, 2010

Henry pleads Cesc understanding

Henry pleads Cesc understanding

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has pleaded for understanding from fans over Cesc Fabregas' potential return to Barcelona.

The Catalan giants have made a formal bid to bring the 23-year-old back to Camp Nou but the Gunners insist their skipper is going nowhere.

While record Arsenal goalscorer Henry, who moved on to Barcelona after eight years with the Gunners, hopes Fabregas will stay at the Emirates, he also understands the pull of a player wanting to return home.

He believes Fabregas now has a tough decision to make and has pleaded for understanding from fans as to whatever the Spaniard decides.

The veteran French striker, now with the New York Red Bulls, told Sky Sports News : "Everybody knows I love Arsenal so for me as an Arsenal fan, you always want to see Cesc staying at Arsenal.

"But also how can you blame someone that wants to go back home because that is his home at the end of the day and you knew somehow that was always going to happen.

"You just don't want it to happen now but as I said, I wouldn't like to be him right now because it is going to be a very tricky decision for him.

"But I will repeat it - as an Arsenal fan you want him to stay but you can't blame someone who wants to go back home.

"So I'm actually not saying anything, I'm just trying to play it like normal, you know.

"But, hey, I wouldn't like to be him right now and I just hope he's going to make the right decision for him at the end of the day and I hope - whether he goes or he stays - that people will understand his decision, that's the most important thing."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}Barclays Prem Winner 2010/11 Win Outright: Arsenal 7/1

KC's Auvray shares a connection with HenryMessi eyes Cesc return