Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gervinho eyes Lille stay

Gervinho eyes Lille stay

In-demand striker Gervinho has told skysports.com that he is planning on staying with Lille next season.

The Ivory Coast star featured in all three of his country's games at the World Cup finals, and he was one of the few plus points for Sven Goran Eriksson's men.

The 23-year-old joined his current club Lille last year, but he is reportedly on the agenda of a host of top clubs from across Europe.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid are amongst those said to be keen on securing his services.

But Gervinho has revealed that he is more than happy to stay with Lille next season - unless they tell him otherwise.

"I am flattered by interest from all those big clubs," he told skysports.com .

"I heard so many names, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Atletico, Bayern, but I am staying with Les Dogues [Lille's nickname],

"I like Lille, I need to confirm the trust they put in me, I will be playing with Lille next season, unless the club says otherwise."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Champions League final goes mainstream in USZaragoza want Pennant stay