Sunday, August 23, 2009

Salgado relishes Rovers chance

Salgado relishes Rovers chance

New Blackburn signing Michel Salgado is hoping to put his experience to the test and make an impact in the Premier League with Rovers.

The veteran full-back signed a two-year deal at Ewood Park this week after a successful trial with the club.

The 33-year-old was released by Real Madrid this summer after 10 years with the Spanish giants, in which he won the Champions League twice and four Spanish titles.

Salgado featured in the original 'Galacticos' line-up alongside the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo, Luis Figo and David Beckham, and he believes that vast experience will benefit Blackburn.

Special

"Real Madrid is part of my life," he told Sky Sports News.

"I was there for 10 years and won everything there.

"I was in the dressing room with the best players in the world and I had an experience there I never want to forget.

"But now I'm here, and I always wanted to play in the Premier League.

"It's a good chance for me to enjoy the Premier League and make a good retirement - to work hard and try to make something good with Blackburn Rovers."



Sevilla capture NegredoTFC roll out carpet for Real Madrid