Sunday, August 30, 2009

De Guzman - Chelsea not for me

De Guzman - Chelsea not for me

Feyenoord youngster Jonathan de Guzman says that he will snub a potential move to Chelsea in order to join Valencia.

The 21-year-old Dutch forward has reportedly attracted interest from the two clubs, with Chelsea scouts rumoured to be monitoring his recent performances in the Eredivisie.

But De Guzman has revealed that he would be hesitant to agree a move to Stamford Bridge because he feels his first-team opportunities would be limited.

Instead, he believes a transfer to Primera Division side Valencia would be the perfect way to progress his career.

However, the Canadian-born Holland Under 21 international also stated that he was happy at his current club and would have no problem staying with Feyenoord.

"The chances I (will) get to play (at Valencia) are bigger than at Chelsea," De Guzman told Dutch magazine Sportweek .

"And I don't want to be directly loaned out to another club. I want to go to Valencia. I feel a transfer to Valencia is the right step in my career.

"But if the clubs won't come to an agreement, I don't have any problems with staying at Feyenoord. I am still very happy at this club."



Sounders FC fall to Chelsea at sold out QwestSrna’s agent rules out Barca