Thursday, April 8, 2010

Henry praise for Messi

Henry praise for Messi

Thierry Henry has joined the growing list complimenting Lionel Messi's world-class display for Barcelona against Arsenal.

The gifted Argentina international was in sensational form on Tuesday after helping himself to four goals in Barca's 6-3 aggregate triumph over Arsenal in UEFA Champions League action.

Henry did not feature in the second half against his former club as Pep Guardiola gave some of his up-and-coming stars like Pedro and Bojan Krkic the chance to shine.

The French striker has been playing at the highest level of football for many years and insists he has seen nothing like the quality of Messi from anyone else.

Not human

"Leo is not human. That is the truth," he told L'Equipe .

"Frankly, I've not seen a player with such mastery with the ball for so long, a player capable to eliminate adversaries at such pace and so easily. If I tried to do the same, I'd fall!

"Each time he does one step he touches the ball. After his fourth goal, I said to myself I have to stand up and applaud him. It was amazing.

"Like any great player he's a fighter, he can't lose. During training sessions if his team loses 2-1, he gets the ball, dribbles around everyone and scores, and we start again from scratch.

"On Tuesday in the changing room, I came and started to look at him. He told me: 'What?' I laughed and left. What can you say to such a guy? He is so strong."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}Barcelona 11/8, Inter Milan 7/4, Draw 11/5

Messi plays down comparisons