Friday, April 9, 2010

Guti expects Real exit

Guti expects Real exit

Guti has admitted that moving to the Premier League is an attractive option after revealing there is no chance of him staying at Real Madrid.

The midfielder, 33, believes he has two more years left at a high level and wants to experience a new challenge before hanging up his boots.

He is convinced he will leave Real this summer and is looking forward to taking on fierce rivals Barcelona one last time this weekend.

"Right now there is no possibility that I will stay at Madrid," he told Onda Madrid radio station. "This will be my last clasico.

"I have a year left on my contract but I think we can reach an understanding. I am sure that they will understand that my best option is to go."

Previously linked with Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal, Guti has now put English clubs on alert by stating a desire to play in the Premier League.

He would also be open to offers from elsewhere and will not make a decision until the interest starts mounting.

Dignity

"I do not want make a drama out of this. You would have to be daft to not realise that this happens, it is part of life," he said.

"The most important thing is to leave a club like Real Madrid with dignity.

"I think that I have two more years left in me and my idea is either England, Italy or the Middle East. Anywhere outside of Spain will be good, but it does depend on the offers."

Guti has rarely enjoyed long periods in the Real Madrid starting XI, but this season has fallen even further down the pecking order and he realises his time at the club is up.

"Every player reaches the stage where he plays less and considers retiring and one has to understand that other players move above you in the pecking order," he continued.

"It happened to Maradona and it will happen to Messi."

Fabregas

Guti also recommended two of the most highly-rated members of the Spain squad to take his place at Real Madrid, including Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

"To step in to my place I will put forward two options; Cesc Fabregas or David Silva," he explained. "They are both great players and would be fantastic signings for Madrid.

"But if I could sign absolutely anyone to replace me it would Andres Iniesta, but I know that would be really difficult."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Fabregas focused on present