Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ozil reveals Real dream

Ozil reveals Real dream

Real Madrid's latest signing Mesut Ozil says it was his dream to play for the club and Jose Mourinho.

The Germany international sealed his move to the Spanish giants on Wednesday, signing a six-year contract with the illustrious club.

Ozil insists that ex-Inter Milan and Chelsea head coach Mourinho convinced him to join his Santiago Bernabeu revolution.

The talented 21-year-old was one of the stars of the World Cup as Germany advanced to the semi-finals of the tournament.

"I spoke to my advisers and looked at the options but I always wanted to join the best team in the world, and to play under the best coach in the world, Jose Mourinho," said Ozil.

"I chatted to him and he convinced me. What we spoke about will remain between him and me but that's why I am here."

Role

Ozil admitted fellow Germany international Sami Khedira had also played a role in helping him make his choice after he joined Real this summer from Stuttgart.

"I congratulated him when he joined Real, and we later exchanged emails," he continued.

"I asked him what life was like at the club and he told me the climate was splendid and that they had a great team.

"I'm hungry to play football."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Ozil set for Euro outingPoll: Kiwis' Reid is voted Tuesday's best