Thursday, August 19, 2010

Forlan happy at Atletico

Forlan happy at Atletico

Diego Forlan has stressed that he is settled at Atletico Madrid and has not been approached by another club.

The Uruguayan striker was heavily linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderon at the end of last season, while speculation only increased as he enjoyed a scintillating World Cup.

Tottenham were among the clubs interested in recruiting Forlan before Atletico announced that he would not be going anywhere.

Rumours have continued but Forlan maintains that there have been no firm offers, while he will stay focused on Atletico until that changes.

"I don't know anything of an interest from other teams. It's another summer full of rumours and there isn't any official proposal, so the only thing that I know is what is said by the press," he stated.

"Nobody has approached me with a proposal so I don't see myself leaving Atletico Madrid at the moment.

"While there isn't any proposal there is nothing to think about. I am very comfortable where I am, I am under contract for three more years and I am very happy.

"No offer has arrived, so I can't start to think that my future will be in another shirt when I have a contract with my current team and nobody has sent any proposal."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

No bids for Atletico pairNE's Gibbs comfortable with shift to left back