Monday, August 16, 2010

Benzema feeling rejuvenated

Benzema feeling rejuvenated

Karim Benzema is 'convinced' that he will be a prolific goalscorer for Real Madrid this season.

The striker joined Real last summer from Lyon in a deal worth at least Ј30million.

But Benzema struggled for form during the 2009/10 season, scoring just nine times, while he failed to make France's World Cup squad.

However, the 22-year-old is feeling rejuvenated at Real following manager Jose Mourinho's arrival at the club.

"I have forgotten about everything that happened last year," he told the club's official website.

Happy

"I am convinced that I am going to score a lot of goals. I am headstrong and I will work hard to help my team with titles.

"Mourinho is a great coach. He speaks to me on a regular basis, which is something I appreciate.

"Last season was very difficult for me because it was the first time I played outside my own country. My family and I are now much more adjusted to the city. I am happy to be here."

Benzema added: "Real Madrid is a great team. Right now the only true forwards are Gonzalo Higuain and myself. Any other forward who joins us will be well received."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Kick Off: Nowak blasts ex-club, Ching stung by fansMourinho demands success