Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Navas - Money made me move

Navas - Money made me move
Cesar Navas says money was behind his surprise decision to move to Russia to join champions Rubin Kazan.

The 29-year-old former Racing Santander defender says he switched on 20th February in order to set his family up financially for life and that most people would have done the same.

His deal with Rubin Kazan will see him earn around €1million-per-season for three years.

While a few eyebrows were raised about his choice, Navas has defended his decision.

Irresistible offer

"It was an irresistible offer that I could not turn down," he told AS .

"Everything was agreed and at my age I have assured mine and my family's future financially by signing this contract.

"I know that some people say that footballers only think about money and that I am a mercenary, but I think nearly everyone would have done what I have done.

"I do not know anything about the city and I do not know much about the team, but I have been told good things."

The lofty centre-half rose through the ranks at Real Madrid, before joining Malaga in 2003 where he stayed for four seasons before moving to Racing last summer.




Kanoute Wins It For Sevilla At Espanyol
First XI: Taking down names
Jonathan Pereira Seeking Villarreal Return In Summer