Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Barca near Keirrison deal

Barca near Keirrison deal
Barcelona have reached an initial agreement with Palmeiras for striker Keirrison.

The Spanish giants are set to make a concrete bid for the 20-year-old Brazilian in the coming weeks after agreeing initial terms.

Barcelona director of football Txiki Begiristain met with the player's agency Traffic Sports in South America to discuss clauses and conditions related to the highly-rated striker's progress.

Keirrison, who has enjoyed a successful season with the Brazilian side, looks set for a summer move to Camp Nou with contract talks nearing a conclusion.

Dream

Delighted with the prospect of a move to La Liga, the young striker revealed his childhood dream of playing for Barcelona.

"I would really like to play alongside Lionel Messi," Keirrison told Sport . "He is the best player in the world.

"Since I was very young I have wanted to play in a country and with a great club and, while I have nothing against any others, I have always identified with Barcelona.

"I have seen a lot of games when Romario and Ronaldo were there and that made me dream that one day I would play in a great club like Barcelona."

Liverpool, Real Madrid and Valencia have been keeping tabs on the youngster's progress, with Los Che having an earlier bid rejected.