Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Van der Vaart eyes Chelsea move

Van der Vaart eyes Chelsea move
Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has announced his desire to leave the Bernabeu in the summer, and has Stamford Bridge in his sights.

The Dutch playmaker only moved to the Spanish giants last summer but after a bright start at the club, he has fallen down the pecking order under interim manager Juande Ramos.

With the World Cup in South Africa next year, the 26-year-old is eager to move for first-team football in order to remain part of the Holland squad, with London his preferred destination.

"Fortunately for me, Chelsea want me, so I have everything clear," he said on the Daily Mail online .

"If Guus Hiddink remains at the helm of Chelsea, I hope that the signing will be closed soon. I want to leave Real Madrid."