Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fredi flattered by Milan link

Fredi flattered by Milan link
Sevilla striker Fredi Kanoute admits he is flattered to be linked with a possible move to AC Milan.

Reports emanating from Spain suggest Milan have lined up Kanoute as a potential transfer target in the summer.

The 31-year-old's current contract with Sevilla expires in 2010 and the Spanish side are thought to be keen on extending his deal.

Milan are in the market for a new striker and Kanoute has admitted he would find it hard to turn down a move to the Italian giants.

"I am aware of all this transfer talk," Kanoute told skysports.com .

"My ambition has always been to play for a big and quality team and to be linked to Milan is a fantastic feeling.

"I always said I like Sevilla, the quality of life is fantastic and I love the place.

"I feel very good here, but you never know.

"I am 31 years old now so who knows, but the link with Milan is fantastic.

"This is one of the biggest teams with so many wonderful footballers.

"When you think about the chances you will get in games, you can just dream, we should wait until the end of the season."