Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ruud return looks likely

Ruud return looks likely
Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy is hoping to be fit in time for next season.

The Dutch striker is recovering from knee surgery which has kept him out of action since November.

Now on the road to recovery, the 32-year-old hopes to be back in action by August but insists he will not rush his return.

"I will start some gentle jogging next week," he told Real Madrid TV.

"The pre-season starts more or less in mid-July and if all goes well I think I'll be able to join up with the group again in the first weeks of August."

Speculation

The Dutchman went on to quash rumours he may be leaving the club having been linked with a move to Galatasaray.

"I have a year left on my contract and I'm very happy," he said.

"I'm going to remain here, I have no doubts. I will recover and I return to play in the Santiago Bernabeu."




Ruud nears training return
Chivas gain modicum of revenge on RSL
Reds join Negredo chase