Thursday, May 28, 2009

Henry - Win is unbelievable

Henry - Win is unbelievable
Thierry Henry said there were "no words to describe" his feelings after Barcelona's UEFA Champions League win.

The French striker put in a solid performance for the Spanish giants who claimed their third European Cup crowne with a superb performance in Rome.

Goals from Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi were enough to secure top honours for Barca who were much the better side on Wednesday evening.

An emotional Henry told Sky Sports after the game: "It's unbelievable.

No words

"I have no words to describe what we have done this year, what we have achieved.

"No team have ever done the treble in Spain - we are the first ones to do it so it's amazing."

Henry admitted his relief in overcoming a late injury problem to feature in Rome, saying: "I wasn't going to play.

"I wanted to play," he said. "We were playing against a Manchester United side who are always difficult to beat.

Glory

"You always remember winners. Sometimes you can play good football but if you don't bring back silverware it doesn't count."

In reaction to Messi's goal, he said: "I think it was well deserved but I think throughout the whole season we won games because we were playing well. We were running and working hard.

"When people talk about Barcelona - they talk about the way we play. They forget that we put pressure on sides, in particular at the front. We fight, and we never give up."

No stranger to disappointment in Europe's elite competition, Henry reflected on his Champions League heartache with Arsenal.

"It will always remain a disappointment in my career because the club are in my heart and in my blood," he said. "Everybody knows that.

"I am happy though. For my family and the troubles I have suffered playing football. I am still alive."




MLS Power Rankings: Week 4
Ronaldo - I’m still No.1
The Commissioner Speaks
Barca suffer Iniesta blow