Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gomez in dark over future

Gomez in dark over future
Jordi Gomez admits he has no idea whether he will still be a Swansea City player next season.

The on-loan Espanyol midfielder has been a revelation in the Championship this term but his future remains a topic of hot conjecture.

Swansea would love to keep the talented 23-year-old at the Liberty Stadium but as yet no accord has been struck with the player's Spanish paymasters.

Gomez would be happy to continue his English sojourn and is now ready to engage in discussions with his parent club Espanyol.

The Primera Division outfit have yet to indicate whether they are ready to sell and Gomez admits Sunday's game could mark his last appearance in a Swansea shirt.

Uncertain future

"I'd like to be here but I don't know what will happen," he told Walesonline .

"I have to see what Espanyol have to say to me. I haven't spoken to them yet, but I will when I go to Barcelona next week.

"I don't know if there are any other options. I only know that Swansea want me to stay here and we will see what happens. If Espanyol say they don't want me, I will look at the options.

"But Swansea would be a great choice for me. It would be easier for me with all the other Spaniards here. That's always important when you move abroad.

"It could be my last game on Sunday but then it might not be. It will be emotional for me either way though."




Swans - No bid for Gomez
Galaxy head to Seattle to face Sounders FC