Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ruud nears training return

Ruud nears training return
Injured Dutchman a month away from first-team training

Real Madrid's injured striker Ruud van Nistelrooy believes he is just a month away from returning to first-team training.

The former Manchester United star has been on the sidelines since November after undergoing knee surgery.

The injury will still keep the 32-year-old out of action for the remainder of the campaign, but he will be fit to rejoin his team-mates on the training field.

And the experienced striker is looking forward to getting back into the action after his lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Optimistic

"I think I will be able to return to training in a month. It feels good and I am optimistic," he told Marca .

"I'm looking forward to kicking a ball again and playing a match.

"I will have to wait until next season, but I am very enthusiastic and very motivated."




Sounders FC try to get healthy before Chivas match
Valencia receive loan boost
Surgery for Cazorla