Monday, May 11, 2009

Raul rules out City move

Raul rules out City move
Real Madrid captain Raul has ruled out the possibility of joining Manchester City.

Cash-rich City were linked with a mega-money move for Raul this summer as they look to bring in some high-profile signings.

City boss Mark Hughes played down the rumours linking Raul with a switch to Eastlands on Friday and Raul has now dismissed the notion.

Raul insists he has no plans to leave El Santiago Bernabeu and is hoping to end his career at Real.

"It's true that there has been contact with my representative Gines Carvajal from Manchester City, but I've not considered it because I'm not going to leave here," Raul told Marca .

Plan"I'm only thinking about finishing my career at Real Madrid, which is my club and where I still have many things to do.

"When they told me of City's offer I didn't have a single moment's doubt. My place is here and I still think I can help the team win titles."

Raul's agent Carvajal added: "Yes, it's true that there has been interest and nothing more.

"When I told Raul about the offer he told me he didn't want to waste time on this matter. City have a good project, but Raul is a Real Madrid man."




Besler gives Wizards defense big jolt
Ronaldo - Real dream is over
Kaka in Milan pledge