Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adebayor claims interest

Adebayor claims interest
Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has claimed that AC Milan and Barcelona were both eager to land his services.

The Togo international was strongly linked with a move away from Emirates Stadium last summer, with the aforementioned European duo mooted as potential suitors.

However, Adebayor ended speculation surrounding his future as he put pen-to-paper on a new long-term contract in August.

The 25-year-old has stated that while he had the option to join either Barca or Milan, he is certain he made the right decision to remain with the Gunners.

"I knew that Milan and Barcelona were interested in me, but in the end I chose Arsenal," Adebayor told Sportweek .

"Arsenal are a club that I want to repay with important victories for having allowed me to become one of the great players in world football.

"I find myself well here, even if, as I say in life, you can never know what will happen in the future."




Leiweke: Milan claims are ‘nonsense’
Barca confirm Bojan interest
With no deal, Beckham set to return
Barca check on prospect