Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ronaldo rules out Barca

Ronaldo rules out Barca

Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo insists he could never join Liga rivals Barcelona, regardless of the circumstances. The ex-Manchester United man is currently in talks to extend his Santiago Bernabeu stay for the remainder of his career. The world's most expensive footballer never likes closing doors on opportunities, but has ruled out ever making the Camp Nou switch. Real have fallen into Barcelona's shadow in recent seasons, however, the Portugal international is ready for the challenge of taking them on. "I would not rule out any club, but I could never see myself joining Barcelona," he told RTP 1. "I'm close to signing a new deal to stay at Real for the rest of my life without any problems. "Real is one of the best teams in the world with great pressure on the players. I can see that in the streets, but I'm not afraid of failure." Real have not won the UEFA Champions League trophy since the 2002 season and Ronaldo is determined to make amends this time around. "It's amazing to see Real has gone so long without winning the trophy. I intend to change that this season," he continued.